Mackerel off the Hook.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mackerel off the Hook.

Post by wayland on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am

By and large its been a disappointing season off the Hook co Wexford. We have been out a few times and although I have enough fish to process, it has not been good. The last trip we were about four miles out and the finder was mostly blank. Even the Pollock was scarce. Total haul was two Mackerel and two Pollock. This was divided by three Rolling Eyes . So whats happened to them. Last year we would fill the boat in no time. Ho Hum.
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mackerel off the Hook.

Post by DizandStell on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 am

Any idea why Wayland? Have you spoken to other fisherman are they having similar problems? Don't know if it's any different up this way, I will have to ask around.
Stell

DizandStell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monst on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 am

the last time we had this problem, it was due to the chinese trawler up of the coast of iceland, taking the mack by the ton. That was the last time I was able to go fishing a number of years ago
Monst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wayland on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:36 am

Monst wrote:the last time we had this problem, it was due to the chinese trawler up of the coast of iceland, taking the mack by the ton. That was the last time I was able to go fishing a number of years ago

Interesting Monst. My neighbors sister lives in Iceland and she reports that Mackerel have been landed by the hundreds of tons there. Maybe they migrated further north this year for some reason.Crying or Very sad
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top